Welcome to this Universal Pictures International Entertainment Limited ("UPIE") site. UPIE, its parent, subsidiaries and its affiliated companies (together "Universal") maintain this site (the "Site") in order to facilitate access by approved users to Universal marketing resources and materials (the "Materials").
If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use the site.
- 1.You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is subject to copyright unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided for (i) in these Terms, (ii) in any separate agreement you have with Universal, (iii) by the prior written permission of Universal, and/or (iv) by express consent from Universal when granting you access to this Site. Universal neither warrants nor represents that your use of the Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Universal.
- 2.Your use of the Site and Materials displayed on the Site is limited to the specific use for which you were granted access to the Site.
- 3.Except for authorised changes necessary for localisation purposes or where otherwise authorised by Universal, no changes may be made to the Materials downloaded from the Site without Universal’s prior written approval. All copyright and other proprietary notices must be retained on such Materials at all times.
- 4.Your permission to access the Site and download Materials from it is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use such materials (except, where necessary, fellow employees of the same company). You agree to keep your user name and password confidential, to use all reasonable endeavours to prevent unauthorised access to the Site by third parties and to notify Universal immediately if you become aware that an unauthorised person has accessed or is able to access the Site. You must notify Universal as soon as possible if you cease to be employed by the same company or no longer require access to the Site.
- 5.While Universal uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information, resources and materials in the Site, Universal makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Universal assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. If content on the Site is not accurate or up to date, you will not be responsible for any claims arising from the use of such inaccurate information.
- 6.Unless otherwise agreed, your use of the Site and any Materials downloaded from it are at your risk. Neither Universal nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Universal also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any Materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- 7.The Trade Marks and logos (collectively the "Trade Marks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of Universal or other third party owners. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Trade Marks displayed on the Site without the prior written permission of Universal or such third party. You are also advised that Universal will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- 8.You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Universal and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses (including loss of profits and/or reputation) costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by any Indemnified Party in connection with any breach by you of these Terms. You may not settle any claim that may affect any Indemnified Party without that party's prior written consent. Universal reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to co-operate with Universal's defence of such claim.
- 9.The Site is controlled and operated for Universal in the United Kingdom. Unless you have been granted specific authorisation for a particular location or country, Universal makes no representation that the Materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations and other countries.
- 10.In the event that this Site contains links to any other sites (“Linked Sites”), then whether or not Universal is affiliated with such Linked Sites, Universal shall not be responsible for their content. The Linked Sites are for the user’s convenience only, and the user assumes all risk associated therewith. The information and opinions expressed in any Linked Sites are not necessarily those of Universal and its related entities or content providers, and Universal makes no representations or warranties regarding such information and/or opinions.
- 11.Universal reserves the right, for any reason, in its sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site, including, but not limited to, content, features or hours of availability. Universal may also impose limits on certain features of the Site or restrict your access to part or all of the Site without notice or penalty.
- 12.You acknowledge and agree that in connection with your use of the Site you must: (a) provide for your own access to the World Wide Web and pay any service fees associated with such access, and (b) provide all equipment necessary for you to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer, software, a modem and a working telephone line. Universal shall not be responsible for any malfunctions, errors, crashes or other adverse events that may occur from your use of the Site.
- 13.Use of the Site will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- 14.If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- 15.Universal reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms at any time, so you are encouraged to review these Terms from time to time. Your continued use of this Site and the Materials following the posting of changes to these Terms shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
This site (the “Site”) is operated by Universal Pictures International Entertainment Limited, its parent, subsidiaries and its affiliated companies (together "Universal" or “we” or “our” or “us”).
We at Universal respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship we have with you. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) applies to this Site. This Notice describes the types of personal data we collect at the Site, how we may use that personal data and with whom we may share it. Our Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal data. We also tell you how you can reach us to:
(i) access, correct, or delete the personal data that you have provided;
(ii) withdraw any consent you may have previously given to the processing of your personal data;
(iii) tell us not to contact you with marketing materials about our products and services; and
(iv) ask any questions you may have about our online privacy practices.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Personal Information We Collect About You
In order to register to use the Site, you are requested to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, contact details and e-mail address. We require this information in order to control and monitor access to the Site, and in order to contact you to provide you with materials or approvals. Personally identifiable information will not be sold and will not be given to any third parties (except as set out in this Policy) without your consent.
Certain non-personal information may be recorded by the standard operation of Universal's Internet servers. Information such as the type of browser being used and its operating system is gathered in order to enhance your online experience.
Personal Data We Collect Automatically
When you visit this Site, we automatically collect certain personal data that we then aggregate so that it is not linked to a single, identifiable individual. This information provides us with statistics such as how many users visited the Site and which pages were accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor this Site to our visitors. We may collect this information either through “log files”, “cookie” technology or with “web beacons”, as explained below.
Log files are web server files (such as the domain name or IP address, URL, the http response code, the website from where you visit us or the date and duration of your visit) that are automatically created when an Internet user visits a site. We store this information for 28 days rotated weekly. Once you stop using this Site, we process and use this information only to enable further connections, for billing purposes, to detect disruptions to telecommunication equipment and to detect abuse of our telecommunication services. This information is deleted immediately once the connection to the website ends.
This information is not used to create personalised user profiles. In case of disruption or misuse, we reserve the right to file a report with law enforcement agencies. We do not use this information for any other purpose(s) and do not share this information with any third parties.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. The “help” feature of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our Site’s features.
Certain pages on our Site contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies sent by the third party.
Where Your Personal Data Will Be Used
Your personal data will be processed in the United Kingdom and/or in other states of the European Economic Area (EEA).
How We Share Personal Data
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal data about our website visitors, except as described here. We may share your personal data with affiliates of Universal. We will do so only with your explicit consent.
We may also share your personal data with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These parties are provided only with the personal data they need to perform their functions and can only use and disclose such personal data as is necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer your personal data in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or asset Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the subsequent owner to use the personal data you have provided through this Site in a manner that is consistent with this Notice. If you do not want your personal data to be processed following such a transfer, you should contact the subsequent owner of Universal.
Links to Other Sites
This Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from this Site. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices in place, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked sites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are unrelated to Universal, we are not responsible for their content, maintenance or availability.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for this website to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal data you provide on this Site.
Access and Correction
Universal provides Site visitors with reasonable access to personal data they provide through this Site and the ability to review and correct it as and when necessary. To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your information.
If you ask that we stop using your personal data, we will honour that request. However, we will retain records of your personal data as needed in order to comply with applicable laws.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to reflect changes in our online information practices on the Site. We will post a prominent notice on this Site to notify you of significant changes to our Notice and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, or if you would like us to update the personal data we have about you or your preferences, or should you wish to view the personal data we process about you, please call us on +44 (0)20 3618 8000 or write to us at Legal & Business Affairs, Universal Pictures International Entertainment, 1 Central St Giles, St Giles High Street, London WC2H 8NU. Alternatively please speak to or email your Universal contact directly.